Pokemon BR Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pokemon BR Forums

The Official Site for Pokemon Battalion Resort!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Multi Player Co-op anyone?

Go down 
+5
tredog777
shinobibeat
Sergeant Frost
dialg8
_joejoeman_
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
_joejoeman_
Level 1
Level 1

Multi Player Co-op anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Multi Player Co-op anyone?   Multi Player Co-op anyone? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2008 6:18 pm

I love playing Pokemon, but it gets kinda boring by myself. And Pokemon battles don't really last all that long. Not even against another Human opponent. Thats why I have come up with 2 ideas for Co-op!

1.Overworld Pokemon. Maybe when you start 1 of the starter pokemon could follow you around. But when Player 2 comes in he/she could be the pokemon? Then, you could both look around in the grass by your selves, but, Player 2 can't interact with any NPCs except for overworld Pokemon (Maybe the Pokemon can speak to other Pokemon and the Human can speak to other humans?) Also, Player 2 can't catch Pokemon.

2. Poke share. Maybe when you want a second player to come he could pop up as another trainer. But he doesn't get his/her own pokemon, he/she gets half of yours. (So he/ she can't play when you only have 1 pokemon.)
Back to top Go down
dialg8

PostSubject: Re: Multi Player Co-op anyone?   Multi Player Co-op anyone? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2008 6:30 pm

wasnt this idea suggested in mcleodgaming by someone
Back to top Go down
_joejoeman_
Level 1
Level 1

PostSubject: Re: Multi Player Co-op anyone?   Multi Player Co-op anyone? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2008 6:31 pm

dialg8 wrote:
wasnt this idea suggested in mcleodgaming by someone

Yes, and then craterfiend told me to post it here. So here I am.
Back to top Go down
dialg8

PostSubject: Re: Multi Player Co-op anyone?   Multi Player Co-op anyone? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2008 6:33 pm

great
Back to top Go down
Sergeant Frost
Admin
Admin
Sergeant Frost

PostSubject: Re: Multi Player Co-op anyone?   Multi Player Co-op anyone? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2008 6:35 pm

It sounds like an awesome idea, but I'm not totally sure whether or not I'm capable for adding online capabilities to it. If it goes good and I make the new, revised version once the regular game is done, I'll fit in an online mode if possible. I really want one too, but I don't know how I'll be able to make it.
Back to top Go down
https://pokebr.forumotion.com
dialg8

PostSubject: Re: Multi Player Co-op anyone?   Multi Player Co-op anyone? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2008 6:38 pm

alot of other pokemon games have online compabilities maybe u could ask one of them
Back to top Go down
_joejoeman_
Level 1
Level 1

PostSubject: Re: Multi Player Co-op anyone?   Multi Player Co-op anyone? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2008 6:38 pm

Sergeant Frost wrote:
It sounds like an awesome idea, but I'm not totally sure whether or not I'm capable for adding online capabilities to it. If it goes good and I make the new, revised version once the regular game is done, I'll fit in an online mode if possible. I really want one too, but I don't know how I'll be able to make it.

What? No.

I'm not speaking of online.

I'm talking about 2 people playing on 1 computer.
Back to top Go down
Sergeant Frost
Admin
Admin
Sergeant Frost

PostSubject: Re: Multi Player Co-op anyone?   Multi Player Co-op anyone? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2008 6:40 pm

If this doesn't get done before SSF2, and there are online capabilities in it, I'll ask Cleod how he did it.

Edit: Oh, then I can probably add 2 player mode into it, but online is another option incase you want to do this with someone that doesn't share a computer with you. For example, battle people on MG.
Back to top Go down
dialg8

PostSubject: Re: Multi Player Co-op anyone?   Multi Player Co-op anyone? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2008 6:41 pm

and trade pokemon

Edit: But SSf2 wont have online compabilities
Back to top Go down
Sergeant Frost
Admin
Admin
Sergeant Frost

PostSubject: Re: Multi Player Co-op anyone?   Multi Player Co-op anyone? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2008 6:43 pm

I thought he said there might be.
Back to top Go down
dialg8

PostSubject: Re: Multi Player Co-op anyone?   Multi Player Co-op anyone? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2008 6:45 pm

there will be but in the exe version that will come out like a year before the real game
Back to top Go down
_joejoeman_
Level 1
Level 1

PostSubject: Re: Multi Player Co-op anyone?   Multi Player Co-op anyone? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2008 6:47 pm

Sergeant Frost wrote:
If this doesn't get done before SSF2, and there are online capabilities in it, I'll ask Cleod how he did it.

Edit: Oh, then I can probably add 2 player mode into it, but online is another option incase you want to do this with someone that doesn't share a computer with you. For example, battle people on MG.

Well, online would be cool and all.

I just thought it would get to complicated.

Also, I for one would find it pointless to play play a game that lets you play multiplayer online and not a standard 2 player mode.
Back to top Go down
dialg8

PostSubject: Re: Multi Player Co-op anyone?   Multi Player Co-op anyone? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2008 6:50 pm

but multiplayer online is like 2 player mode plus many games dont have 2 player mode but have multiplayer online scratch
Back to top Go down
_joejoeman_
Level 1
Level 1

PostSubject: Re: Multi Player Co-op anyone?   Multi Player Co-op anyone? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2008 6:56 pm

dialg8 wrote:
but multiplayer online is like 2 player mode plus many games dont have 2 player mode but have multiplayer online scratch

Well, thats silly!

First off. 2 Player is simpler to make than online. (I think.)

Second, If you play a game with out online then it is fine, the people aren't at your house so you don't need to entertain them! But when you have a friend over at your house and you want to play this game then what is he/she gonna do? Whatch? Take Turns? Or, let him/her join the fun? Take in mind that not everyone has multiple computers.
Back to top Go down
dialg8

PostSubject: Re: Multi Player Co-op anyone?   Multi Player Co-op anyone? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2008 7:01 pm

we could just try to have both Razz
Back to top Go down
_joejoeman_
Level 1
Level 1

PostSubject: Re: Multi Player Co-op anyone?   Multi Player Co-op anyone? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2008 7:02 pm

dialg8 wrote:
we could just try to have both Razz

Hopefully!
Back to top Go down
shinobibeat
Level 1
Level 1
shinobibeat

PostSubject: Re: Multi Player Co-op anyone?   Multi Player Co-op anyone? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 19, 2008 8:57 pm

Good Idea
Back to top Go down
tredog777

PostSubject: Re: Multi Player Co-op anyone?   Multi Player Co-op anyone? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 21, 2008 12:41 am

dialg8 wrote:
and trade pokemon

yes it will
Back to top Go down
http://ssf2expansion.yforum.biz/index.htm
_joejoeman_
Level 1
Level 1

PostSubject: Re: Multi Player Co-op anyone?   Multi Player Co-op anyone? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2008 11:01 am

tredog777 wrote:
dialg8 wrote:
and trade pokemon

yes it will

SSF2 may or may not.

Cleod doesn't know how to do online so more likely not.
Back to top Go down
tredog777

PostSubject: Re: Multi Player Co-op anyone?   Multi Player Co-op anyone? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2008 3:05 pm

well, hopefully someone out there has the correct code for that
Back to top Go down
Sergeant Frost
Admin
Admin
Sergeant Frost

PostSubject: Re: Multi Player Co-op anyone?   Multi Player Co-op anyone? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2008 4:24 pm

It needs a server for online actions. That costs money.
Back to top Go down
tredog777

PostSubject: Re: Multi Player Co-op anyone?   Multi Player Co-op anyone? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2008 4:29 pm

not exactly
server codes cost nothing
but through a hack, i dont think i can do it
Back to top Go down
X-plode
Level 1
Level 1

PostSubject: Re: Multi Player Co-op anyone?   Multi Player Co-op anyone? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2008 4:56 pm

Sergeant Frost wrote:
look up a tut for online stuff for the program your using I know its possible with Gamemaker
Back to top Go down
arod2
Level 1
Level 1

PostSubject: Re: Multi Player Co-op anyone?   Multi Player Co-op anyone? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2008 8:08 pm

Multi Player Co-op anyone? Unknownjy1

I made A Fakemon for the evo of Blaziken. I don't know what to call it.
Back to top Go down
dialg8

PostSubject: Re: Multi Player Co-op anyone?   Multi Player Co-op anyone? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2008 8:12 pm

its a recolour and dont double post please Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Multi Player Co-op anyone?   Multi Player Co-op anyone? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Multi Player Co-op anyone?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next