Pokemon BR Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pokemon BR Forums

The Official Site for Pokemon Battalion Resort!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Basic Idea for the Game

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Sergeant Frost
Admin
Admin
Sergeant Frost

The Basic Idea for the Game Empty
PostSubject: The Basic Idea for the Game   The Basic Idea for the Game Icon_minitimeWed Jun 11, 2008 8:51 pm

Ok, well, as you all know, I'm making a game called Pokemon Battalion Resort. All of the main work will be updated here that can be seen to public eyes. Here's the basic story for it.

The Plot
In the game, you are a pokemon trainer who is from another region coming to this one. He/She makes their stop at this hotel. It's the perfect place for trainers to train, compete, relax, and capture new pokemon.

Before you go into the hotel, you must dcide your gender. Then once you're in, a person near the entrance asks you for your Room Key/ID. You tell him you don't have one. Here, you get to make one. You put your Name, Gender, Motto, your selected gender, your room number (you can't pick it), and Age. Now your journey in the huge wonderous hotel begins.

Places in the Hotel
In the hotel, there are many places to visit. First off, there are 6 floors and one secret floor. On each, there is a pokemart. Your room is on the second floor. Your room acts as a pokemon center. Go to the bed to heal your pokemon.
Then there are training areas all throughout the hotel. In them, you can train and catch pokemon. There is one for each type. These are great places to go. The stronger your pokemon get, the stronger the pokemon in there get.
Then there are arenas (one on each floor except first. There is one on the secret floor) The arenas contain 3 trainers in each and one arena master. These are like gyms. The higher floor you go on, the harder the arena is. The arena pokemon based types are:

1)Bug
2)Water
3)Dark
4)Rock
5)Fire
6)Dragon/Ice/Ghost (This one is the last one and there are three different types of pokemon you'll encounter!)

Beat these and then some mysterious things start happening to the hotel. I'm not spoiling anything.

Sprite Progress:
The Basic Idea for the Game BattalionResort

Ok, so that's the basic plan for the game. Thanks to Kyledove's tiles, I started working on the interior hotel, the outside view and I am almost done with the Male Hero for the game. I will be focused on this game for a very long time, so I won't be working much on any other projects. This is my biggest one ever.

Pretty soon I will have to do the animations for everything in the game. This game is just for the fun of it. They most likely won't make a game like this, so I decided to give it a shot. My spritework progress will remain in my first post and will be updated any time I can. Soon I will open an animation archive once I finish all the sprites.

Thanks to Kyledove for the tiles/trainer sprites and Neox for helping.
Back to top Go down
https://pokebr.forumotion.com

The Basic Idea for the Game
Page 1 of 1